StationMD is hiring! Click on a job description below to read about it in more detail.
We are seeking exceptional candidates who are organized, process oriented, strategic thinkers, goal oriented, and have a passion for StationMD’s mission.
- You will be a leader in our Operations Team to meet needs for rapid growth while maintaining levels of clinical quality, outcomes data, patient experience and physician efficiency. You will work closely with Finance, Technology and Medical Chiefs to ensure integration.
- You will play a key role in designing, launching, and testing new treatment lines, data capture and other solutions to meet existing and new customer demands. You will also work alongside the executive team in developing value-based models of care and strategizing expansion opportunities. This will include interfacing with commercial client opportunities, industry associations, and government agencies.
- You will partner with our CEO to ensure company revenue and margin goals will be achieved on a quarterly and annual basis. You will oversee progress throughout the quarter on our team’s top goals and ensure they stay on track, anticipating and raising important business risks that may hinder our team’s ability to meet goals.
- Manage operations team for the day-to-day function of:
- non-clinical issues in service lines operations and medical encounter logistical issues
- training, onboarding and rollout process to new clients
- client communications on processes and trouble-shooting
- data collection process for internal and external reporting
- ensuring internal compliance of policy and procedures
- coordination of cross-functional teams to execute business strategies
- Interface with key vendors/external personnel
- You will partner with external legal counsel to help manage our business and clinical operations around regulation and best practices of a scaling telehealth organization.
- You will oversee the insurance operations vertical for our organization. This will include managing external vendor operations (billing) and internal (enrollment). You will be responsible for relationship management and expansion with payers.
- Must have strong communication and negotiation skills, as well as solid presentation skills. Must be able to communicate highly technical information to a diverse audience. Provides other support as needed for company operations.
- Quickly pivots to meet urgent organizational needs and adjust priorities, as required.
- Proven time management skills are necessary. Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities or tasks, deliver timely and accurate work products with a customer service focus, and respond with a sense of urgency as required. Demonstrated ability to work in a production focused environment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, change in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
- Four-year college degree (Business Administration, Health Policy, Public Health, Communications, Economics).
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to use personal computer and applicable software (i.e., Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel).
- Knowledge and experience working with health plans, health systems/hospitals, life sciences and/or other healthcare organizations.
- Knowledge and experience pitching, developing, operating, and measuring pilots/demonstration projects.
- Knowledge of common medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent leadership, financial and analytical skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills; presentation skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- High professional and ethic business practices.
- Ability to manage multiple business initiatives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Great project management abilities.
- Excellent customer service (internal and external), build long-term relationships, and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Regular business hours.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reading, writing.
- Must be able to speak and write fluent English to effectively communicate with leadership, clients (internal and external), and staff.
- Ability to present to small and large groups.
- Must be able to read and understand complex information and ideas.
- The position is in a Maplewood, NJ office setting with travel up to 15%.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
StationMD is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Information Technology Support Analyst is expected to:
- Install and configure computer hardware, software, systems, networks, and printers
- Ensure technical issues are fulfilled in accordance with service level agreements
- Respond in an appropriately timed manner to service issues and requests and keep record of incidents using a ticketing system
- Provide technical support across the company
- Plan, monitor, and record software licenses and/or hardware assets using an asset management software
- Ensure daily updates including software patches, OS patches, upgrades, and OS maintenances are done in an efficient and timely manner
Daily responsibilities include:
- Install, setup, and configure company employee machines using the appropriate company procedures and policies for setting up a computer
- Complete OS patch management not limited to windows patches, critical updates, security updates, service packs, and all driver/software updates for both Windows OS and Mac OS
- Answer tech support line phone calls, create tickets, and resolve tickets using a remote management and monitoring software
- Unpack and inventory IT equipment not limited to tablets, laptops, and other essential equipment alongside and input into asset management software and check in/check out appropriately to sites
- Provide support for client devices remotely and on site when issue cannot be resolved remotely
- Install remote access software on all client devices to facilitate support
- Facilitate change management, training employees on technology updates and processes
- Create and maintain policy, procedure, and training documentation
- Frequently move computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds within the office and occasionally between sites
- Educate clients on relevant changes in technology
- Job requires employee to be on premises to receive equipment, prepare equipment, ship equipment, and interact with other staff members. At time, some work may be done remotely
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 2 years’ experience in IT, Computer science, or related industry (internship experience may be acceptable)
- General knowledge of network infrastructure
- Knowledge of operating systems including Windows and Mac OS (Linux a bonus)
- Good troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Knowledge with ticketing systems and remote management and monitoring software
- Knowledge with asset management
- Customer service and communication skills
- Ability to carry IT equipment ranging between 25-50lbs
- Knowledge of Macrium Reflect Server Edition a plus
- Knowledge of Atera (RMM) and Splashtop Remote Service a plus
- Familiarity with JIRA Atlassian
- Familiarity with ManageEngine products
- Commensurate with experience
- The position will be mostly remote until COVID-19 pandemic subsides. Corporate office in Maplewood, NJ thereafter.
Masks are required in all public areas of office building and shared area of our corporate suite.
This position is with StationMD, a telemedicine provider. StationMD’s telemedicine solution delivers superior care to the most vulnerable populations while also reducing unnecessary hospital use. StationMD’s secure video-conferencing system, augmented by sophisticated diagnostic tools, is combined with clinical expertise to evaluate and treat patients in their home environment—whether that is a nursing facility, group home or any residential setting. StationMD’s platform allows it to partner with any patient group or facility throughout the United States. StationMD is currently seeking qualified physicians for a telemedicine job. This supplemental income opportunity provides you with the convenience to conduct phone or video consults from home or away from the office using any tablet, phone, or computer. Schedule is extremely flexible.
Malpractice coverage provided.
Requirements: Must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine or Family Practice or have emergency medicine experience. Work a minimum of 20 hours per month. Must be licensed in one state and must be willing to complete processing for multiple unrestricted medical licenses. Federal DEA required for prescription of non-narcotics. Minimal to no malpractice history or Medicaid/Medicare sanctions. U.S.Citizen or valid Green Card holder
This position is with StationMD, a telemedicine provider. StationMD’s telemedicine solution delivers superior care to the most vulnerable populations while also reducing unnecessary hospital use. StationMD’s secure video-conferencing system, augmented by sophisticated diagnostic tools, is combined with clinical expertise to evaluate and treat patients in their home environment—whether that is a nursing facility, group home or any residential setting. StationMD’s platform allows it to partner with any patient group or facility throughout the United States. StationMD is currently seeking qualified psychiatrists for a telemedicine job. This supplemental income opportunity provides you with the convenience to conduct phone or video consults from home or away from the office using any tablet, phone, or computer. Schedule is extremely flexible.
Malpractice coverage provided.
Requirements: Must be Board Certified in Psychiatry. Work a minimum of 20 hours per month. Must be licensed in one state and must be willing to complete processing for multiple unrestricted medical licenses. Federal DEA required for prescription of non-narcotics. Minimal to no malpractice history or Medicaid/Medicare sanctions. U.S. Citizen or valid Green Card holder